Clearly, a cookout wouldn’t be right without options!
We’ve got a simpler solution for the kiddos or pickier eaters, with a fun addition to the tradition!
Have you heard of a Texas Tommy Hotdog?! I hadn’t either, but it’s a delicious way to spruce up your dogs! And it’s so simple.
- Your choice of cheese
- Buns and your favorite hotdog toppings
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut lengthwise slit in each hot dog, cutting almost but not quite to other side. Cut each cheese slice into 4 strips; insert strips into openings in hot dogs.
- Wrap each hot dog with slice of bacon; secure with toothpicks.
- Place hot dogs on grill over medium heat. Cook about 10 minutes, turning often, until bacon is cooked. Add buns, cut sides down, to grill for last 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Place hot dogs in toasted buns. Serve immediately!