- 1 chicken (about 4 pounds/1.8 kg)
- 1/2 can/6 ounces beer (room temperature)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine all rub ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Prepare chicken. Sprinkle all over with rub, including cavity and under breast skin.
- Open can of beer and discard (or drink) half of it.
- Place minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, and pepper flakes in it.
- Pierce two more holes on the top of beer can and place chicken on top.
- Place the bird on grill balanced by the beer can.
- Grill over indirect medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 F/82 C.
- Remove chicken when finished cooking and let sit (with beer can still intact), for 10 minutes before carving
- Serve with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!